It takes an army of volunteers to make sure Memorial Beach Challenge goes off without a hitch. Please sign up to join one of our Volunteer Teams outlined below.
Volunteer Team #1
Set Up Team | 5:45am Start time
- Heavy lifting maybe required for setup
- RED TEAM #1(Volunteers to help set up the course) will disburse and execute according to predefined assignments.
- Obstacles that have not been placed already will need to be placed at 5:30am on the beach between 1st Street & 14th Street.
- Flags, Cones and American Flags will all need to be placed by 6am as well as the staging area, tents, tables, PA system, etc.
- Communication confirmation that all items are in place by 7:00am.
Volunteer Team #2
Race Team | 7:30am Start time
- Watch the race from your designated station. Must be able to walk the beach
- RED TEAM #2 ( Race Course Volunteers) Each volunteer will be assigned a location (Station) and detailed instructions on their tasks and responsibility.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- 8:00am – Race Starts – all volunteers need to be at their stations.
- 10:00am –All Adult race events will be completed by 10:00am. The timing company will tabulate results from 10:00am to 10:30am at which time our youngest children will be racing in the kids run.
- 10:15 – Report back to 9th St. to help with Kids Run.
Volunteer Team #3
Clean up Team | 9:45am Start time
- Heavy Lifting maybe required for clean up
- RED TEAM #3( Race Course Clean Up Volunteers) Each volunteer will be assigned a location and detailed instructions on their tasks and responsibility to ensure a rapid clean up effort.
- 11:00am – 12:30pm – Award Ceremony Inside the Music Pier
- 12:30pm – Event is officially completed and all staging materials, debris, etc. are removed from the beach.
- 12:30pm-2:00pm– Music Pier clean up and exit.